Virginia Prisons Accountability Committee: Once Again Report of Correctional Staff Abuse In Virginia's Prison Systems, Needs Investigation By Those Who Have The Means To Stop This Corruption

Friday, June 7, 2019

Once Again Report of Correctional Staff Abuse In Virginia's Prison Systems, Needs Investigation By Those Who Have The Means To Stop This Corruption

*Note* Sent to Virginia Prisons Accountability Committee VIA prisoner, Report of Correctional Staff Abuse VADOC Wallens Ridge State Prison, Prisoners name withheld to protect his safety, but filed if needed for verification of authenticity.

 On 6-26-2019 I was assaulted by C.O.XXX. I was standing in front of the door to the building where I'm currently housed when it suddenly flew open with way too much force. The door struck me in the upper body and the front/tip of my shoes. I would have let the issue go but the officer talked shit to me as if it was my fault. The following day I filed an informal complaint with the institutional ombudsman. Today, July 02, 2019 I was summoned to the unit managers office concerning my complaint of assault. I was treated as a hostile witness and my job was threatened. I plan to file a regular grievance(the next step following an informal complaint) but the institutional ombudsman here, XXX, has been consistently denying my grievances' intake on false grounds. She gets her decisions upheld by her supervision in Roanoke. She is supposed to be independent of the prison but how do you work on-site at this prison but remain independent?? I can only hope that you post and pass this around to those who care.
[Prisoner] I expect retaliation and reprisals so please post and share.
(804)674-3000 VA Dept of Corr.Headquarters
(276)523-3310 Wallens Ridge State Prison, Warden, Carl Manis

No comments :