Virginia Prisons Accountability Committee: Rehabilitation: To Restore To Good Or To Reinstate By James Avent

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Rehabilitation: To Restore To Good Or To Reinstate By James Avent

 


Rehabilitation: to restore to good or to reinstate
What we see above is the definition of the word (rehabilitation) and how it is used in the Virginia Department of Corrections is not even close or even on the same page. What is the purpose of using such a word (rehabilitation) if the system doesn’t believe in it or use it in the correct manner? Before you can rehabilitate an offender, you have to also do the same with procedures and personnel who run these slave camps they call correctional centers. Watching from the front lines of the battlefield here in Greenville I’ve witnessed on a everyday basis the misconduct and oppression or just plain hatred towards offenders. Wanting to better yourself is a joke inside of the prison walls because you are always lied to or misguided and just passed on to the next for another set of lies. Yes I know there are some offenders who are not looking to change or become better but what about those like myself who are not given no type of help but somehow manage to become modest offenders and a example of a better tomorrow? I’ve heard over a million times I gotta want to change and become better as I serve out my time but I counter that statement with (What happens when the system refuses to change)? There is no I in Team so when will the system be held responsible for their lack of progress and actually put in place a real Prison Reform or Rehabilitation that helps the offenders and not still money?

Victims behind the wall
James Avent

No comments :